The Bruce Wilson Contractor Safety Award was established more than a decade ago as a tribute to an outstanding EAPUOC Damage Prevention Consultant. Presented annually at our December General Meeting, the award recognizes an individual who:
- Is involved in creating ground disturbances;
- Understands the importance of consistently following the rules with respect to working around buried facilities;
- Demonstrates concern for fellow workers and safety of the general public.
EAPUOC is proud to recognize distinguished achievement in the digging community.
Congratulations to all our deserving winners:
- 2017 - Janet Welter, Locate Management
- 2016 - Joe Verbeek, Joe Verbeek Contracting Ltd.
- 2015 - Dawn-Marie Rice, Jatec
- 2014 - Harvey Hull
- 2013 - Ernie Johnson, AECON
- 2012 - Michael Gary Goebel, AltaFlights (Posthumously)
- 2011 - Gerry Vandersteen, Precision Gradall
- 2010 - Hydrodig Edmonton
- 2009 - T.C. Backhoe and Directional Drilling
- 2008 - Commercial Trenching Ltd.
- 2007 - Sureway Construction Management Limited