EAPUOC is dedicated to ensuring timely flow of information. Please check here often to learn about new developments, fresh resources and exciting events.
Listed below are the dates of EAPUOC’s 2019 Meetings. Unless otherwise advised, the meetings will be staged in Community Centre Meeting Room #2, Annex Building, Strathcona County Offices, 2001 Sherwood Drive, Sherwood Park, Alberta. The Community Awareness Committee and General Committee Meetings are staged on the same days. The former commences at 8:00 a.m. and adjourns at approximately 9:00 a.m., with the latter commencing at 9:00 a.m. and adjourning at 12:00 noon. Please mark your calendars accordingly:
- January 16th
- February 20th
- March 20th
- April 17th
- May 15th
- June 19th - Meeting/Annual Golf Tournament - Broadmoor Public Golf Course, Sherwood Park, Alberta
- September 18th
- October 16th
- November 20th
- December 18th – Raleigh Room, Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre, Sherwood Park, Alberta
COMMUNITY AWARENESS COMMITTEE
2018 was an exceptionally busy and exciting year for the Community Awareness Committee!
As of April 1st, 2018 Terry Emslie will assume the role of EAPUOC/Alberta One-Call's Community Awareness Ambassador. Congratulations and welcome to the fold Terry!
Below are the PowerPoint slides from the presentations at the 2017 Safety Seminar and Trade Show.
- Jason Greidanus' Presentation: "Mental Health First Aid - Impacts of Disaster on Secondary Responders"
- Dr. Louis Francescutti's Presentation: "The Humanity of it All - Staying Alive and Healthy"
- Arthur Nordholm's Presentation: "Sinking of the Deepwater Horizon - The Investigation"
- Mike Sullivan's Presentation: "Takin' Care of Business"
Across Canada, safe digging advocates are coming together in support of an important bill that needs traction. Introduced in December 2015 by the Honourable Senator Grant Mitchell, Bill S-229 is an Underground Infrastructure Safety Enhancement Act that will create a federal notification system.